We are excited to share that we offer Telehealth Secure Video Therapy appointments at KC Relationship Institute. This means we can now meet from your couch, your office—basically anywhere you have access to the Internet and a space that is private.
What is Telehealth Secure Video Therapy?
- Using a HIPAA compliant, secure platform, we will connect by video conferencing where we will meet “face to face.”
- All you need is a computer (with an integrated camera), a tablet, or smartphone. It’s as simple as that. You don’t need any special software or technical skills.
What about confidentiality?
We use an Electronic Health Record called Simple Practice that has an integrated, HIPAA compliant and secure video system that allows us to talk privately and confidentially with you (and your partner).
What are the benefits of Telehealth Secure Video Therapy?
- It minimizes the inconvenience of travel time and associated costs.
- It allows you to meet us from the comfort of your own home or office.
- Research has found video-based therapy to be as effective as in-person therapy.
- You don’t need any special software or technical skills to participate.
- It provides a way to begin working on yourself and your relationship despite concerns related to COVID-19.
It’s normal to be feeling hesitant about beginning your therapy process through telehealth. The beginning of therapy can be nerve-racking for anyone whether it is done through telehealth video sessions or in-person sessions. We can assure you the quality of therapy will be the same despite the setting being a bit different. If you are concerned about other factors such as childcare or finding privacy we would be happy to problem-solve these issues with you.
If you have additional questions about working with us or about participating in video-based services please reach out to us. We would be happy to connect by phone, email, or an initial video-based consultation.